1 Operator and Terms of Participation
1.1 The operator of this raffle is meala GmbH, Dolziger Str. 7, 10247 Berlin. Participation is governed exclusively by the following conditions of participation.
1.2 Participation in our raffle is free of charge, the participant only has to pay the fees for the internet connection. By participating, the participant does not enter into any contractual or other obligation towards the operator. The competition is subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. Legal recourse is excluded; there is no enforceable claim to payment of the winnings (§ 762 BGB).
1.3 All persons over the age of 18 are eligible to participate, except employees of the participating companies and their relatives. The winners will be selected by lot from all participants (with correct solutions) and subsequently notified by email. A cash payment of the prize value is not possible. Winnings are usually kindly provided to us by partners.
1.4 The operator reserves the right to exclude individual participants from the competition for objectively justified reasons, even after the draw. This applies in particular to participants who take part in the draw more than once using several e-mail addresses or via third parties (straw men). Expressly excluded from participation are such mailings that are made by commissioned companies for their customers. Likewise, such participants may be excluded who violate the conditions of participation in any other way or attempt to influence the course of the lottery through unauthorized influence.
1.5 The operator reserves the right to terminate or interrupt the competition at any time for good cause. An important reason exists in particular if the scheduled course of the competition is disturbed or impeded. If winning packages are returned to the editorial office because address details are incomplete or incorrect, the editorial office also reserves the right to draw a new winner. In the case of competitions in which the participant only provides his/her e-mail address, the editors will ask for the delivery address in the event of a win. If the winner does not provide a delivery address within three weeks of the notification being sent, the editors reserve the right to draw a new winner.
2.1 When registering, the user must provide the data requested in the registration mask. There is no legal claim to registration. The operator is entitled to refuse registration without giving reasons. The User is obligated to notify the Operator of any subsequent changes to his/her data on his/her own initiative.
2.2 The user will be notified of the registration after clicking on the link contained in the confirmation e-mail on the corresponding confirmation page. After registration, the User shall be entitled to take advantage of all offers of the platform for which he/she has registered.
2.3 The user warrants that all data provided by him during registration are true and complete. The User is obliged to provide only true and non-misleading information in his profile and in his communication with other Users and not to use any pseudonyms or pen names, unless this is expressly permitted – e.g. in the choice and use of the user name.
3 Implementation and processing
- The prize described in more detail within the specific competition will be drawn from among all valid entries.
- The promotion starts on the respective publication date and ends on the 27/06/2023.
- The winners will be drawn on the working day after the end of the competition and notified by e-mail; they must confirm receipt of the prize notification and the claiming of the prize within two weeks of the prize notification by the contact method specified within this notification. If this confirmation is not received, the prize will be awarded to another participant.
- The claim to the prize shall also lapse if the prize cannot be transmitted within four weeks of the first notification of the prize for reasons for which the winner is responsible. The transmission will only take place within the European Economic Area. If, after the winner has been drawn, it turns out that the winner does not have the necessary postal address within Germany as stated in the conditions of participation, the prize will be awarded to another participant in the prize draw.
- The claim to the prize cannot be assigned and is not transferable; furthermore, the prize cannot be paid out, supplemented or changed. If the prize cannot be made available for whatever reason, the organizer reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value.
4 Facebook, Instagram and TikTok
- The raffle is not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed or organized in any way by Facebook, Instagram or TikTok.
- Participants have no claims against Facebook, Instagram or TikTok arising from participation in the competition or from winning a prize in the competition.
- Inquiries and notices by the participants are to be directed exclusively to the organizer and not to Facebook, Instagram or TikTok.
5 Data protection
Responsible body or responsible person in the sense of the BDSG or the DSGVO is the organizer of the competition:
Dolziger Str. 7
If you participate in one of the raffles of the organizer, the following personal data will be collected by the organizer:
- First and last name, as well as corresponding salutation
- Date of birth
- Your e-mail address.
This data will be used by the organizer exclusively to determine the winner, to check compliance with the conditions of participation, and to send the prize. The data processing is accordingly based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO.
The organizer will delete the winner’s data when it is no longer necessary for the implementation of these purposes. This is usually the case when the prize has been sent and the organizer has made sure that it has reached the winner undamaged.
Of course, every participant has the right at any time to request information about the data stored by the organizer regarding his or her person in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO. The same applies to the deletion of the corresponding data at the organizer according to Art. 17 DSGVO, as well as the correction according to Art. 16 DSGVO and blocking of data according to § 18 DSGVO.
Furthermore, you may object to data processing which the organizer bases on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e or f DSGVO under the conditions of Art. 21 DSGVO.
Of course, you also have the right to complain about the processing of your data to the competent supervisory authority.
You can find detailed information at any time at heymeala.com/en/privacy-policy.
8 Final Provisions
a) Legal recourse is excluded.
b) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies, excluding international private law and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG), which has been adopted into German law.
c) Should any of these provisions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.